March 23, 2012

Stuffed Sweet Peppers

We had a very mild winter this year (I'm not complaining), and spring is already here.  Flowers are blooming and the golden yellow daffodils are in plenty so early in the year.  With the seasonal change, the markets are filled with colorful fruits and veggies, and I happened to stumble upon these colorful peppers.  I wasn't quite sure what I would do with these when I bought some home.  A Google search offered the usual fare of stuffed peppers but I wanted something different.  A search in the pantry and fridge yielded some leftover feta cheese, olives, some salami, and herbs. 
I crumbled the cheese, diced the olives and salami, and tossed in some breadcrumbs and chopped scallions and cilantro.  Freshly ground black pepper and the stuffing was ready. 

The peppers were stemmed, cut lengthwise and stuffed.  I sprinkled little grated parmesan cheese on the peppers and drizzled a generous dose of extra virgin olive oil.  Pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees and roasted the peppers until the cheese melted and the peppers were sizzling.


It was a perfect appetizer - easy and quick to assemble and serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds just delicious. The pics are great too. It is 40 C here in Hyd, your mild winter sounds heavenly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking peppers, very nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete